Full time, Manchester
Trunk are looking for a creative technologist with a minimum of 4 years’ experience to work within an exciting team, producing a wide range of digital experiences. From casual games and mobile apps, to AR interactions and social campaigns.
Working alongside a team of top class designers, developers you will help to bring creative ideas to life and have the joy of watching your work not only get played around the world, but also be recognised and rewarded for your hard work and commitment. You will be working from our brand new and modern Manchester office in the heart of the city centre.
- (Desirable) Any of the following: Phaser, ThreeJS, Unity, PlayCanvas, C#, Typescript, Angular, React, Vue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical input throughout the full software development lifecycle – designing, coding, testing and deployment.
- Ability to produce accurate time estimations, and identify complexities within a project
- Working effectively in a team and be capable of clearly conveying technical points to clients or non-technical staff.
- Enabling stakeholders’ feedback to be digested and appropriately addressed with consideration for budget/time constraints.
Essential Skills, qualities and experience
- 4+ years of commercial experience, preferably within an agency environment.
- Experience developing both gameplay and user interfaces.
- Good mathematics and trigonometry knowledge.
- Able to articulate designs into functionality.
- Strong sense of design for gameplay or usability for a good user experience.
- Ability to test gameplay mechanics with prototyping.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organisational skills
- Good understanding of source control methodology, ideally GitSCM.
- Previous experience developing Augmented Reality applications (Vuforia, AR Foundation, ARCore/ARkit).
- Experience distributing to both iOS and Android mobile platforms, with consideration for performance.
- Experience working with using continuous integration pipelines and build processes.
- An understanding of interactive development, including platform capabilities, UX and QA.
- Experience integration APIs, with awareness of backend technologies.
- Familiar with design software, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator or Blender.
- Research and analytical skills.
- 31 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- An extra day’s paid holiday for each year of employment (up to 36 days).
- Your birthday as an additional paid holiday.
- Performance related bonuses.
- Generous workplace pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Social events.
No recruitment agencies, please.