Junior Creative Technologist
Full time, Manchester
Trunk are looking for a junior creative technologist who specialises in developing games, to work within an exciting team, producing a wide range of digital experiences. From casual games and mobile apps, to AR interactions and social campaigns.
Working alongside a team of top-class designers, developers you will help to bring creative ideas to life and have the joy of watching your work not only get played around the world, but also be recognised and rewarded for your hard work and commitment. You will be working from our brand new and modern Manchester office in the heart of the city centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the team with building gameplay and UI functionality.
- Implementing solutions which conform with design and scoping documentation.
- Working effectively in a team, and coordinating with other departments (.e.g design) to deliver work.
- Ability to document code.
- Engaging in planning and estimation meetings, as directed by the team lead.
- Communicating progress and issues in a timely manner.
- Following the strategy and best practices of the business.
Essential Skills, qualities and experience
- Experience creating games with a strong portfolio (either academically, commercially or on personal projects).
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of mathematics fundamentals.
- Awareness of good design and usability.
- Ability to test gameplay mechanics with rapid prototyping.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organisational skills
- 1+ years of commercial experience building games.
- Experience of using game engines such as Pixi.js, Phaser or Unity.
- Understanding of, or experience using versional control (e.g. Git).
- Familiar with design software, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator or Blender.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Relevant qualifications.
- 31 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- An extra day’s paid holiday for each year of employment (up to 36 days).
- Your birthday as an additional paid holiday.
- Performance related bonuses.
- Generous workplace pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Social events.
No recruitment agencies, please.